The Great Misconception
Accident statistics show that many injuries occur due to angled impact to the head.
In standard tests, the helmet is dropped vertically onto a flat surface. The results are
helpful for measuring precise vertical impacts but far inferior for measuring the more
realistic scenario of an angled impact.
What is MIPS ?
The MIPS Brain Protection System is a helmet integrated, low-friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts to the head.
How Does it Work?
In a helmet with the MIPS Brain Protection System, the shell and the liner are separated by a low friction layer. When a helmet with the MIPS system is subjected to an angled impact, the low friction layer allows the helmet to slide relative to the head. This revolutionary system has been scientifically proven to reduce rotational motion by absorbing and redirecting the energy and motion transferred to the brain on impact, reducing the risk of minor or severe brain injuries.
Reduced Strain on the Brain
The illustration reflects data collected using a finite element computer model, and measurements obtained from nine accelerometers in a Hybrid III crash test dummy head. The model illustrates strain in the brain from a similar angled impact when the dummy head is wearing a helmet without MIPS and a helmet with MIPS.
Brain Protection System.
- MIPS Brain Protection System features a low- friction layer that enables a relative movement of 10-15mm between the head and the helmet in any direction at the brief moment of an angled impact, reducing the energy force transferred to the brain. This combined with our ABSOR foam system optimized throughout the interior shell produces unrivalled protection.
- One-piece polypropylene (EPP) shell construction makes the Dynamic 9 Pro helmet the lightest weight in its class.
- Coming standard in all Dynamic 9 Pro helmets, the interchangeable side and rear occipital Fitpads are available in three thicknesses, providing 360-degree adjustability and a personalized fit.
- One-piece Shell
- EPP Foam
- MIPS Brain Protection System
- ABSOR Foam, Vinyl Nitrile
- Moisture-Wicking Hydrophobic Layer
The Fitpad System allows the helmet size to be adjusted 5% larger or smaller, creating a more optimal and personalized fit for each individual player.
- Interchangeable side pads available in 2mm, 6mm, 10mm thickness
- Interchangeable rear pad available in 5mm, 10mm, 15mm thickness
Brain Protection System. Ultra-lightweight. Personalized Fit.